Lecture 1 9
Phase 4: Act
Objectives of the Act Phase
The Act phase ensure that measures are implemented as agreed. In this phase, coordinate and manage activities and monitor progress and impacts. Ensure that reporting and accountability mechanisms are properly applied to track progress and communicate it to partners.
Elements and overview of the Act phase tools
- Empower and advise actors. Identify any gaps in governance, coordination, and implementation skills. Engage experts to help build capabilities and advise on certain subjects (Tool 21. Identify experts (must)). Seek to fill identified skill gaps through training, workshops, and coaching sessions – enhancing partners’ and community beneficiaries’ capacities avoids capture of the partnership (Tool 22. Capacity building for running and maintaining activities (must)).
- Coordinate and manage implementation. Ensure that roles and activities are clear and that success and challenges are identifies. Maintain ongoing communication with stakeholders (tool 23. Communication strategy). Manage the project, employing a local project manager if needed. Confirm that needs of beneficiaries, communities, and vulnerable groups are implemented (Tool 24. Project management tools (must)).
- Monitor progress and report to partners to create trust. Use the project action plan to monitor the partnership and include remediation measures as needed, communicating with stakeholders (Tool 7. Update Project action plan (must) and Tool 25. Partnership Reporting Progress template (must)).
Transition key questions checklist
- Have you identified experts who can help build capabilities and who can advise on selected subjects within the implementation?
- Have you carried out training, workshops, and coaching sessions to build the required capabilities?
- Are the expectations of all stakeholders clear and properly managed? Do you maintain regular, effective and efficient communication with them? Are all stakeholders considered and adequately involved?
- Do you have access to materials and tools to strategically align, identify, conceptualize, plan and implement the partnership activities and strategy?
- Have you adapted your original Project Action Plan to serve as a monitoring and implementation tool?
- Do you regularly report to partners regarding the partnership progress using an agreed uniform template to create transparency and support trust building?
Key tools and case studies
Tool 21. Identify experts (must)
Tool 22. Capacity building for running and maintaining activities (must)
Tool 23. Communication strategy (must)
Tool 24. Project management tools (must)
Tool 7. Project action plan (update)
Tool 25. Partnership reporting progress template (must)